Monday 24 September 2012

Oh Deary Me! Structured Play Efforts Thwarted

Following a very productive 'Family Goal Planning Day' yesterday, I have been brimming with ideas today.

One thing I've decided to change around here is to alter my expectations of the children being able to do either the same work, or both do their own work, at the same time.  I now accept that one mama, cannot give two children, her undivided attention at one time.  I probably should have figured that one a few years back.  So, the plan now is that sometimes there will be an in betweeny scenario when Hermione will work independently while I have Structured Play Time with Miles.

You're possibly wondering why it's taken me so long to come up with such an idea;  I'm wondering that myself now.  I've spent too long with unrealistic ideals I think.  I now accept that independent work and structured play will benefit both and possibly leave me less frazzled and torn.

Anyway, having sorted a new timetabled system of 'work' earlier today, (that's a new thing for us too - more on that another day), I decided to top the day off with a bit of Structured Play Time planning.  I had an idea that I would find a suitable Youtube demonstration of how to make a spaceship, which Miles and I would watch then follow.   Below is the clip I found.  Took me a while to figure out what was so odd, but I got there in the end.



I may give in and just go to bed now, tucked up with Total Mom Makeover - a self help book written by a home educating mother of seven.  It's different to many books I've read in than vein, it seems a bit more applicable to my life - although I am slightly alarmed by the pony tail challenge and the section on pubic hair styles.  I found the 'bushy' bit to be a curve ball in a midst the meal planning etc.

No comments: