Wednesday 5 November 2008

Bonfire Night

Do we celebrate bonfire night because Guy Fawkes was caught or because he tried to do it? Hmmm, good question Hermione. Depends upon your point of view I guess.

I have spent the last few days hunting for a book we have about the gunpowder plot. I've not found it. Don't you just hate it when that happens? It's just like how you can always find the Christmas crafts book at Easter and Halloween decorations near valentines day. Or perhaps it's just my slack housekeeping that makes for such confusion?

Bonfire night isn't a big thing around here. Hermione isn't too keen on the loud bangs and Miles has some reservations about the dark. On that basis bonfire night is a bit of a non starter for us these days. We had a couple of sparklers in the garden but Miles favoured a torch in the living room with the curtains closed. Wish I'd known in advance and I could have saved myself £1.99!

We plan to do something with a bit more fiery fizz and crackle at the weekend.

Lots of work been going on here over the past couple of days - digestive system, bleeding, the Celts, times tables, counting in french, glaciers, coastal erosion and so on. Great stuff. Lots of enthusiasm and interest. Dipping in and out of this and that - flitting from book to Youtube to book to written stuff and so on. I hope it lasts!

We dug up more jerusalem artichokes today and they were good. No worms. Made a wonderful casserole with dumplings. Plenty left over for tomorrow too *grin*. While I washed and chopped for dinner Hermione read stories to Miles. I do so love these harmonious moments. Thankfully they seem to be happening more often these days. I think we are possibly reaching a state of greater equilibrium.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harmony is good :0)