Sunday 12 July 2009

Internal combat, fruity puffs, Miners Gala etc

I'm ever so tired. Doing internal combat with all the usual issues faced by most of us parents I guess. Are the children following their interests and learning along the way? Are they having a good balance of lively fun and restful relaxation? Am I balancing jobs which have to be done with family time? Am I spending enough time nurturing myself to enable me to nurture my children really well?

When I've not been pondering on equilibrium we have visited friends, been to the library to help fulfill Hermione's huge thirst for reading material right now and also cleared a large area of the veg patch for replanting after the first big flush of crops stopped cropping.

We've been fruit picking. The raspberries in particular were very rich pickings - easy and juicy.


We made apple and blackcurrant puffs. Delish.

We bopped along to the tune when the local colliery band played in our village en route to Durham Miners Gala.

We picked veggies from a friends garden. I'm ever so envious of her carrots. Despite having built them a special bed I'm having little success with them.

1 comment:

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

My carrots have been dire so far this year. Three sowings--and about 4 carrots to show for the effort.

Parenting is non-stop evaluating and re-evaluating--isn't it!