Tuesday 14 July 2009

Smiling

Some of the many things that made me smile today.
The first of the sweet peas from the garden.
Seed pods. Big bulbous poppy heads from the vegetable patch.
These ones in particular had spectacular flower heads. Helped address the problem I had last year of not enough pollinating insects at my veg patch. They still are beautiful, adorning my coffee table, a reminder that they'll come again.
Mini man at work with hammer and nails.
A flower made from leaves, presented to me by Hermione and now taking centre stage on our summer mantle.
Also, knowing that when I'm really tired and have to cancel arrangements, (as I've had to tonight), friends will understand while I chill and rest my weary bones.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the leaf flower :0)
Hope you have had some 'chill' time :0)