Monday 27 July 2009

Podding

We had our first podding experience at the weekend and it certainly won't be our last!

We had planned for a long while to go to a festival with friends this weekend but I had a change of heart at the eleventh hour. Instead we were drawn to a place which turned out to be idyllic and just what I needed.

This is where we slept -a pod. There is no electricity, furniture or heating inside. However it was extremely warm and cosy since it is double shelled and insulated with sheep's wool. It was also carpeted. By the time we filled it with airbeds, duvets and pillows it was like a heavenly cocoon.



We visited this barn dating back to the seventeenth century, and drank chilled pear cider there near a roaring log fire while the children played happily.


We climbed to the top of this magnificent waterfall. I forgot my camera so this picture isn't mine. With recent heavy rains it was much more dramatic than this. Standing close by we were soaked by the spray.


We rambled further down river and splashed in shallow pools till our toes tingled and our rolled up trouser legs were soggy.

It's odd how things happen. I had looked forward to doing one thing for a long time but at the last minute felt compelled to do something different. I'm glad I did. Sometimes you have to trust and follow your feelings I think. It was a very special time which will stay in my mind for a long while to come. I felt really connected with all that is important to me. I found a stillness that has been lacking of late.

If you want to know more about our secret hide away then email and I'll tell you *grin*. Returning messages from the answering machine last night we have already promised to go back with friends. It was a real find.

1 comment:

stefndawniy said...

wow Claire how lovely - do share where these pods are , I want a go. we could have a crafty blog pod !