Monday 3 August 2009

Flailing about

I think I'm just flailing about these days. Just kind of clucking around, hoping I'm achieving stuff, but not entirely certain.

There's lots going on around here and I'm not feeling that well. I'm feeling that crappy and flappy that I keep forgetting to charge the batteries for my camera *sigh*

I picked our shallots this afternoon. They look reasonable although I'm not entirely sure I've ended up with many more than I started - well perhaps I have half a dozen more or so.

My patch has been attacked by lots of damned butterflies and caterpillars again and I just can't quite find the energy to get out and remove all the little critters.

Hermione has just started her Romans project. The Internet is a wonderful thing you know. I've just Googled and found a Romulus and Remus word search. Can you believe that? There's so much out there.

Today I organised a home ed trip to tour a regional waste recycling plant. There are only a couple of places left so presumably I'm not the only one excited by these things. We get to wear hard hats, high viz jackets and stuff - fancy dress *grin*. Looking forward to it.

After organising the trip I contemplated doing something even more obscure than arranging a tour of a dump, but concluded I could procrastinate no longer. The skirting boards were shouting out for a wash.

Last night Craig and I went to see Dan Donnelly. We hadn't heard him before and didn't know what to expect. He was great. Excellent music and a good laugh. He talked a lot between songs but he was ever so funny. Apparently if you can guarantee him more than ten people in the audience and keep him topped up with beer he will do house gigs free of charge if he's in the area. Cool.

Hermione has also been getting musical and giving it what she's got on a street dance and cheer leading course. Lots of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A while a friend went on a visit to a dump she enjoyed it!!