Wednesday 1 September 2010

Panning for gold

I watched the children pan for gold yesterday. Well, perhaps I should say I watched the children splash around in troughs of gravel for bits which were painted gold.

This got me thinking, does the search ever end? Is it natural to spend life searching or is it just me? Can I be truly happy yet always searching? What am I searching for?

I'm not looking for the holy grail, riches or fame. I'm looking for a path I'm happy to tread, a guide when I loose my way, the bigger picture, the smaller picture, strong arms to hold me, fuzzy babes with sticky kisses...

So, are contentment and searching mutually exclusive? No way. I don't search to be whole. I search to grow, expand and be all that I can.

Go right on searching babes. It's good for the soul.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely post.


A. xx