Tuesday 14 February 2012

Dodging missiles and knitting socks

Ah, I figure the downside of growing older and more confident in your choices is that you're less likely to toe the line. Sadly, it seems to follow, that some people will feel the need to condemn, throw insults - or possibly worse. Time to remember Winston's wise words,


“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

Winston Churchill


So, what have we been up to when not dodging proverbial missiles?

We've grown some cool crystals.



Planted some herb cuttings. I'm not certain it's the right time of year but the urge came and I answered that call! Hopefully they will root.



Strolled by the river bank.



Knitted my first ever pair of socks - yay!! They don't stand up to scrutiny but Hermione thinks the are really cosy. I didn't do it all. Nana did the heel and toe for me - it was enough for me to master knitting in a round! May attempt heel or toe next time.

2 comments:

HMSH said...

My socks are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a million.

Claire said...

Pleased you like them xx