Thursday 26 July 2012

Gratitude


“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” — Thornton Wilder

I'm surrounded by priceless treasures all of the time, but I just wanted to share with you a few new treasures which have recently come my way.



This is a card which a friend sent to me not long ago.  I love it so much; it's just so me!  I've framed it and put it on my kitchen wall because it makes me smile whenever I see it.



Awww, no prizes for guessing who gave me these.  I don't want to open them as then they'll be gone!



A young lady expressed thanks for my writing her a reference, with a gift of  a very cheery plant in a gorgeous polka dot box.  The box is canvas and lined with thick plastic.   I've not had a plant in a canvas box before and I'm quite tickled with it.


Ha ha, there is a story behind this quirky gift, from a wonder woman I know.  A story that I'm sure I'll get round to sharing soon.  It makes me so excited whenever I look at it!  Oh, it also has a handle too, but it didn't get in the shot as I had to make sure the purple van with raised roof got centre stage!

xx