Tuesday 24 July 2012

Sunshine and Seaside

 It's been a while in coming, and I'm not sure how long it will last, but we have had glorious weather for a few days now.  So glorious that I decided to make my own ice cream by adding cream to frozen raspberries and popping them in the blender.  I missed the sugar out of the recipe thinking it was probably unnecessary, but ended up having to add a dollop of butterscotch syrup to take away the slightly tarte tang of the raspberries. It was very pretty though, don't you think?


Sunday was a family beach day, and oh, what fun we had!  A big bonus of family beach days is daddy being on hand to keep an eye out for the children, while I keep an eye out for interesting stones and other things which find their way into my bag.


These stones made me think of the raspberry ice cream.  They're gorgeous and I'm quite sure there is a place in my home for them; I've just not found it yet.


Oh, and what good fortune that I had a note book and pen in my bag.  I tend to carry one everywhere now and write down random things to remind myself of what I'm supposed to be doing.  Sadly the lists are often so random that fifteen minutes after having written them I don't know what they are about anyway!  Still, it make me feel organised and in control even if the reality is far from that.


Dipping a toe.  My little man is very much like me when it comes to the sea.  He likes it, a lot, but he holds it in reverence.


Castles in the sand...


..and in the sea.  I guess that's a life lesson for children about the sea.


Then of course there are those who run in at full speed, grinning from ear to ear, deliberately ducking the surf.  I like that attitude;  I like it a lot.  I'd like to live more of my life by that mantra.  



With the day at a close, sandy footprints all over the house, and wet smelly clothes in the back of the car, we headed to bed, ready to face the next day - at the beach!!!

Yes, the sun was still shining so we got to head to the beach with friends.  Another fabulous day, albeit different from the day before.  With Craig back at work, and the children being rather daring with a body board, I spent a fair while in the water - at one point with my dress tucked in my knickers - but I hope no one noticed!  No sitting about doodling in notebooks and scratting for pretty sea glass, but lots of fun and memory making.  Special times.

Here's to lots more sunny days!

No comments: