Friday 14 November 2008

Getting it all wrapped up.

I'm feeling inspired and challenged by our current situation, ( flat out of cash while we fight large insurance group who are still refusing to pay out on the loss of our livelihood), and also by Unplug the Christmas Machine by Jo Robinson.

I've decided that this is to be a truly blissful Yule and Christmas for us. We're not in a position to join in the whole outrageous consumerism even were we minded to. This year by necessity as well as choice the focus will be most definitley upon people, places, pass times and peace.

I think I've got it all wrapped up. Well, in rough planning format anyway *grin*. I'm armed with some clothes pegs, blank luggage labels and a few pieces of gingham fabric that I picked up on Freecycle.

All I need now is to complete my Seasonal Fantasy Wish List (leaving aside thoughts of Robbie Williams under the Christmas tree of course) and turn it into something real. I'm hoping to make an advent calendar, come seasonal planner, come activity resource, come much more - all with the gingham, pegs and luggage labels. Time to get to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the result! :-) Emma

Anonymous said...

Yes me too :)I'm incredibly envious of your talents

Claire said...

Talents???

*scratching head and laughing*