Friday 28 November 2008

Synchronicity?

Why is it that the children have chosen this time to discover and insist upon baking every blinkin’ recipe in my old children’s cookery book? A rather sticky 1970’s affair full of sugar and fat laden stuff. The sort of stuff which sticks to your ribs for a good few days before coming to rest on your thighs. Then there's the cheesecake I scoffed with a friend after meditation last night...


Lying awake I realise that with every biscuit, every crumb, that very elusive Little Black Dress will become more difficult to find. Hang on a minute perhaps that should say Medium/Large Black Dress? In the early hours of the morning I vow that I will not make my search harder – but come daylight my resolution has gone *sigh*. Never mind, I’ll be easy to spot amongst the revellers – I’ll be the one sporting the black sack.


Am I alone in this particular festive stress or is it more common than I think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its easy for me as I rarely go out!!
I'm on a junk food fest atm, not good. *sigh* I must get back on track with food because if I eat crap I feel and look like crap :0(

stefndawniy said...

well i know exactly where you're coming from, a black marquee is more my shape lol
I always mean well but have very little strength when it comes to saying no to food.

Claire said...

I'm pleased it's not just me :-)

Helen said...

There is a skiny woman inside of me who is screaming to get out, I usualy find that I can keep her quiet with cake though!!
LV
Helen