Wednesday 13 August 2008

Kindness

A lady who I have never met gave me lots of educational books last week - including a fantastic set of over one hundred anatomy books for children.

The anatomy series is excellent. It's called How My Body Works, an Orbis Play and Learning Collection. We have made a start on the book about muscles this week and Hermione is enjoying it a lot. I'm sure both Hermione and Miles will get a lot of pleasure from them over the years to come.

There is something so special about being the recipient of such kindness and generosity.

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
The Dalia Lama

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats wonderful :0)

love the quote too :0)

Lynn said...

Just got in from an evening of meditation and healing surrounded by women sharing love and kindness and I could not agree more!!!! xxxx

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's lovely when that happens

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quote. And so true!