Friday 22 May 2009

Crikey! I wish my legs would grow as fast.

I wish my legs would grow as fast as these guys. Last week there wasn't really a trace of legs and now they've got full on froggy legs which seem to almost grow in front of your very eyes! If only mine would do that - I'd be considerably less rotund in no time.

Equally, I'd happily settle for them to grow at the rate of Hermione's knitting. She has always been happy to crochet and shown very little interest in knitting but one of her friends who she sees a lot of is a keen knitter so she decided to get out her needles and ask Nana to teach her this afternoon. She took to it like a duck to water with no problems at all.

Well, we're reaching the end of a hectic week. Today Hermione went on a guided tour of Hexham Gaol while I indulged in conversation and sampled the delights of Cafe Nero. Some of the mums who were going round the tour, and who I know very well, volunteered to look after Hermione for me so that I could slope off - in accordance with Hermione's wishes as she requested 'privacy in learning'. Eh? What next? I'm not complaining though. A fruit scone with apricot jam set me up for the day!

Time to put my feet up and flick through some study books which arrived in the post yesterday.

No comments: