Friday 15 May 2009

Tree faces and scavenger mobiles

Before anything else I just want to say that I really must stop watching that Kirsty Allsop's Handmade Home programme. Last week I had a lampshade obsession, (still looking for fabric), and following lasts night show I have found myself Googling for edible glitter. Yes, edible glitter! Such a thing does apparently exist and I'm very keen to have some. Sparkly fairy cakes here we come....not at all healthy I know but everyone needs to sparkle now and then.


So, what have we been up to the last couple of days? We went on a scavenger hunt and made willow mobiles with what we found. Not all of what we found could be reasonably attached. They ended up as bark mobiles but hey ho, I think they're interesting.




We have also put faces on our trees. Nana brought these rather odd things back from her trip to Canada. I wasn't sure what to make of them at first, fearing they may be really naff, but they actually look okay and everyone else loves them.






Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I just love the tree faces!!! xx

Anonymous said...

I love tyhe tree faces too - i saw some very similiar last at a few N.T shops.

I love the mobiles, we made some last year.

Lynsey said...

lovin' the bark mobile!

Hannah said...

Awesome tree faces!
Edible glitter can be bought on ebay or at your local cake decorating-type shop.