Thursday 28 May 2009

I've got a loom!

I really enjoy weaving but till now have had to satisfy myself with very small home made affairs, knocked up from scrap wood and panel pins.

Well, I'm pleased to say I'm now the proud owner of this wonderful loom which was given to me by Helen Cowan. I'm not sure how to work it, and will have to wait till I get it positioned up in my attic studio before I can really set to play, but I'm ever so excited. I have visions of making everyone I know a rug (or more likely a coaster) for Christmas!



The picture shows the loom in it's folded position. It opens up to much bigger than this. Helen took the photograph and I only hope she doesn't mind me posting it here to show you.

Helen is a textile artist and fine art artist. There are lots of beautiful pieces for sale on her website and also details of courses and textile supplies for sale. Go along and have a look. There's lots to see.

2 comments:

Clare said...

That's sooo cool! I remember visiting a small weaving business one holiday when I was a child, and becoming completely smitten. Unfortunately disappeared the way of most childish whims. Hope you have fun with your loom.

Also checked Helen's website out - I LOVE her landscape wall art.

Hannah said...

Wow - fantastic!