Tuesday 6 December 2011

Ice baubles and mince pies

Miles and I had a lovely morning with friends today. We listened to the story of Romulus and Remus, followed by a mini toileting re enactment, Roman style! We had some replica items from a local museum loan scheme and the children were all very taken with the bottom wiping sponge on a stick!

When we arrived home Hermione had been busy with her 'work' and also baking mince pies. They were delicious and Craig has asked her to make some for him to take into work. He's not half so bah humbug as usual this year; must be getting soft in his old age!






Yesterday we made ice baubles. We filled small plastic containers with a hanging ribbon, feathers and leaves from the garden, glitter and hand felted woolen balls. Topped them up with water and put them in the freezer. This afternoon we took them out and hung them in the garden. Will they still be there tomorrow or will we just have pools of glitter under the trees?




The other day, when talking ducks and chooks, I mentioned our Muscovy ducks and what real sweeties they are. It occurred to me today that they haven't featured on here before, so, here they are, introducing Stella and Sarah.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so humbled to have a duck named after me ;-)

Love the ice decoration idea - have Pinterested it http://pinterest.com/pin/167196204885788305/

Claire said...

Awww, I've been Pinterested! Thank you :-)

When we first got our Muscovies I thought it was important that they had beautiful names as they didn't appear to have much other beauty. Now I know them I can see they're all round beauties :-)