Thursday 22 October 2009

Foot and mouth

I decided to cancel our plans for today. I'm coughing lots and couldn't face having to be places at set times and stuff. I just felt too rough and a little sorry for myself perhaps. My chest is aching so much from coughing. I think I need to do something about my pelvic floor too. Oh the joys of growing old!

Anyway, while we were home we decided to look into the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak as part of our farm follow up.



Can you remember these pictures in the press? I can. In actual fact I feel I can still smell them. *Shudder*.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I remember we lived next to a farm luckily they were o.k but lots were'nt :0(

sorry you're not well, sounds like we have the same lurgy!

stefndawniy said...

how horrible .

hope you feel better soon xx

Mam said...

Yes, some friends of ours have a dairy farm in Lancashire, the one Tom told the woman he'd ahd a tour of but couldn't remember where it was! and they lost all the cows, it was horribly quiet up there without them when we visited a whole eyar later and it still hadn't been sorted out.
I'm not keen on dairy farming as an industry generally though, the recent tour was an eye opener, though I wouldn't dare say that to them!! But they didn't deserve that, neither did the cows :-(