Tuesday 25 August 2009

Earl Grey and Turnip Jalfrezi

Turnip jalfrezi - remember you heard it here first. I'm sure it will catch on and be dished up in a swanky tandoori restaurant near you very soon.




Turnip jalfrezi? Yes, you may well ask. This is what happens when mamas can't control the urge to spend house keeping monies on fabrics. I do love it though. Earl grey and cup cakes. Nana thinks it's hideous but I think it's cute and will make wonderful accessories for my very own little tea party queen.



It's great having an edible garden. There's always something to be rustled up. Won't be long till the elderberries are ripe too. I see cordial on the horizon....

Talking of things you may (or may not) like to rustle up, I found these woolen creations while searching for 'manly crafts' on Google. A friend was explaining that her son who is nine was getting into crafts but would like to do something manly. I didn't expect this kind of thing to come up on the first page. Why????



We went to the theatre today to see something called Alan in Wonderland and the Three Goats - yes, that really is what it was called. Were it not that two of the tickets were free I think I may have asked for a refund. Why do some people think that behaving like an idiot constitutes entertainment for children?

We ended up having more fun watching the water sculptures outside.


Oh, I traded a dozen eggs for a pile of clothes for Miles yesterday. I'm blessed to be close to an active community currency scheme. It sure does come in handy.


Hermione and I have started reading this book together. It's good. I wasn't sure whether to buy it after reading the mediocre reviews on Amazon, but for a child who likes historical fiction it's good.


I'm off now. We are in the process of restoring an old well loved armchair which incidentally we also got from our local community currency scheme. I say 'we' as it's a bit of a joint effort between myself and nana. She's an early bird and I'm a night owl so it's my turn to man the sewing machine now *grin*.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

condom? willy warmer?

I like the idea of turnip Jalfrezi - why not!

And i love the fabric :0)

Claire said...

Ahh, a willy warmer, now I understand. Here I was thinking it was a condom :-)

Anonymous said...

Have I disgraced myself again!!!

Claire said...

Not at all. Now I know what it is I was thinking about making some - a sort of twist on the traditional 'Christmas jumper'.

x

Anonymous said...

rofl... how are you going to get the measurements!!! ;0)

Claire said...

Don't they come in standard sizes - small, medium and liar?