Wednesday 5 August 2009

Pizzas and paddling

Just about to put my feet up after a couple of busy days.

Yesterday we went to Pizza Express on a home ed trip which I organised. It was wonderful. The children all got to make their own pizza and see the big pizza ovens. They had juice and the parents had coffee. Afterwards parents all had the opportunity to make their own large pizza to take home. The staff were extremely kind and accommodating. The children all came away with certificates with their names on, badges, balloons and all sorts. Best thing was it was all free - food, drinks and everything. We were there the best part of two hours and as one mum said it was just like a party.



Pizza Express is a national chain as I understand it and they all do free educational visits.

Today we joined a whole bunch of friends at an outdoor heated swimming pool. It was great fun. The sun was shining, there was a hatch serving drinks and catchy tunes blasting out. We could have been at a hotel pool in the Med!


When we finished swimming we headed to the park for a big picnic and then off to the river with stepping stones and ford for paddling. The ford was closed. I'm not sure why. The river was low and not too fast. I'm not complaining though. It meant the children could have great fun splashing about with their friends.



In addition to the above we've also made a good start on ancient Rome and even got our heads around negative numbers and the concept of BC (Before Christ) over breakfast this morning. It's not bad this home ed shenanigans.

I'm still in the throes of organising the trip to the recycling centre and also have an art workshop to sort out. I think I need to stop. I was chatting to a home ed friend earlier this evening and she was saying how I have to stop organising home ed stuff and get a life! She has a point there *grin*. Thing is I have a life, a really hectic life - I just find that during times of stress I tend to take on masses of things to distract myself. Hopefully I'll feel calmer soon and won't feel quite so compelled to be running around organising workshops and doing chores round the house which never ever usually get done!


2 comments:

Mam said...

Wow! Ancient Rome, negative numbers and BC stuff before breakfast? At the same time as racing out of the house to swim in subzero temperatures (Heated pool? Heated? Pahahahaha!!) and worrying over your recycling trip (which we really appreciate btw)?? You're a superstar mum Claire :-)

Hazel xxx

Claire said...

Awww, thank you :-)