Tuesday 17 April 2012

Mini Cake Flags

I love the look of all the fancy bits and pieces you can buy to titivate your fairy cakes these days, but goodness, how expensive they are!

A few weeks ago I picked up a reduced papercrafts magazine for 60p. It had ten sheets of sturdy craft paper in it which is why I bought it; I knew I would come up with a use for it.

Voila, here we have lots of little itsy ditsy cake flags; and whatsmore I've probably used less than 3% of the paper that came with the cheap mag. Just cut a small square, fold in half diagonally, quick wash of pva glue and close around a cocktail stick.







Sure, you can buy fancier stuff in the shops, but then you have to part with money which could be better spent, and you miss out on the opportunity to play.

xx

No comments: