Tuesday 21 April 2009

The Crusades, tadpoles, planting and more

We have certainly had a very busy start to the week. I'm weary but by and large ecstatic - so nothing new there *grin*. Here's a quick round up of the past couple of days.
1. Hermione went to a longer than usual French session and went on an imaginary trip to Switzerland which she enjoyed immensely.
2. We basked in the sun at our local Botanic Gardens with another three home ed families. The children played with the juggling balls Hermione made last week, watched birds from the hide and bees buzzing too and from their hive. There was also some paddling and tadpole chasing in the formal pond area. I feared staff may not approve but perhaps they decided to turn a blind eye on the hottest day of the year.
3. Hermione has been awarded her Bronze Paw Badge at Badgers.
4. Hermione went to a party about the Crusades and St George. Here she is in her fancy dress. I struggled with the pot luck buffet contribution as obviously there were no potatoes, chocolate or tomatoes. I finally packed her off with Dorittos and apples - very poor I know.
5. I had another girls night out. That is two girly nights out in one month. I'd feel guilty were it not that I have a few years worth to catch up on.
6. I've had a meeting with a local artist who is going to facilitate art workshops for the home ed community. I hope to help plug a gap between cut and stick art for little ones and very advanced art techniques for older ones. We're meeting again within a week or so by which time he will hopefully will be able to give me details of other local artists who have agreed to be come involved in our project. Yay!!!
7. I have planted more seeds than I could imagine. I've had to stop because I have run out of seed trays. In some respects I hate this time of the gardening year as it is very labour intensive with no instant rewards.
8. I have tried in vain to work out how to align my blog text to the left again. The buttons with pictures on are not working. Any clues anyone? Then there is also the issue of line spacing not working. Hmm, sick of this.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

stefndawniy said...

hmmm it's something going wrong in your template sweetie , If you can copy and paste all of your template for me I'll have a fiddle for you :-)

blog break - are you ok ? xx