Wednesday 29 April 2009

Just popping my head round the door..

Last week we woke one morning to find Miles grey and limp. No matter what we did we couldn't wake him. It was the longest six minutes of my life waiting for the ambulance. Thankfully he was totally himself again within an hour or so.

The doctors can offer no explanation for what happened at this stage. It may be we will never know what happened that day.

I have been rocked to my core. I think that gut wrenching fear and anguish will remain with me to a certain degree till the day I move on.

I've not felt much like talking since it happened but the numbness is passing. I'm thinking searching but rational thoughts now. I'm getting a grip and after more intensive mothering all round I'll be back - probably sooner than you'd think as after all I am a self confessed blog addict.

7 comments:

Tech said...

OMG Claire! Haven' been here in ages and just spotted the link from Ruth's. How terrifying. So incredibly glad to hear he's fully recovered, what a shock for you. Huge hugs and piece of mind to you xxxx

Ruth said...

Oh Claire((((hugs)))How absolutely terrifying. The same happened to my son as a 3 year old. I fell down the stairs phoning the ambulance. I was in such a state of panic ( and I am a nurse.) It turned out an infection had caused it and it never happened again. He was also right as rain very quickly. To this day tho I am paranoid and still go around checking everyone is breathing and he is 19:(

Anonymous said...

(((claire))) so sorry.

Claire said...

Thank you everyone.

The ambulance crew intially suspected an infection too Ruth but his temp was normal. All of his obs were normal. It's just a complete mystery. If it happens again we will need to consider a whole host of tests and the likes. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Lynn said...

(((hugs))) what a scare!! Glad he is ok now.xx

Clare said...

Claire, so sorry you went through this, poor Miles. Thank goodness he's completely better - please God may that be a one off freak event x

Bridget said...

Gosh Claire, I should think it did knock you for six. I'm glad he's all recovered. I can't imagine how worried you must have been. Look after yourself.