Friday 10 April 2009

Looking for the positives in the recession

I know the current economic situation is dire but the situation does present some interesting opportunities which otherwise may not have come about.

We met with friends at one of our cities newest up and coming art venues called Empty Shop today. Here you can hire the whole space for £7 per day for artistic purposes - what a bargain! I'm hopeful that the local home ed community may be able to tap into this opportunity in some way. We certainly had fun there today.

The possibilities are endless and I only wish I were more artistic and could hold my own exhibition - one of those swish affairs you know with champagne and canapes. Back to reality I've got a bit of needlework to do to add the finishing touches to the children's Easter gifts. Got to dash.

1 comment: