Thursday 30 April 2009

Solace in a lampshade

Feeling particularly inspired by that lady on TV (a Kirsty someone or other), who is doing a show about tarting up a house in the south west (I believe), I decided to emerge myself in the art of lampshade making.

I have two side lights in my living room and both shades are looking a little careworn. How difficult can it be to cover two lampshades I wondered?

I sat in the room and pondered the colour scheme - a sort of mossy green and wooden tones. It suddenly came to me that what I would like is two lamp shades and a couple of cushion covers in a beautiful, delicate grey toile de joie.


How difficult can it be to cover two lamp shades I wondered? Very blinking difficult! I can't believe the price of this stuff. Should I perchance come across any in my charity shop rumblings I will carry it home ever so carefully. In the meantime I think I'll just have to go on dreaming....

3 comments:

Danae said...

Sounds interesting, Claire. I wish I was crafty!

Danae (Diane)
threedegreesoffreedom.blogspot.com

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

I was wondering who was going to be the first to copy something from the show! Photos when done!

Claire said...

Well, it may turn into *if* done...

They made it look so easy but I'm just not so sure. I was looking on ebay at fabric today but got a bit way layed by autumnal fabric for making some havest time bunting - as you do you know :-)