Wednesday 15 April 2009

My Story - The Great Plague

I have almost finished pre reading The Great Plague by Pamela Oldfield and have made a start reading it to Hermione.



A fellow home educator introduced me to this series of diary style historical fiction for children, and I have to say upon the basis of what I have read so far I am very impressed. I have ordered another one about the Irish Potato Famine.


At the risk of them all disappearing from the shelves I'm also going to tip you off that some of the titles in the series are just one pence (plus p&p of course) on Amazon Market Place. A generous saving.

Off to put my feet up now after an exhausting day chatting with a friend and drinking tea whilst the children played happily together, followed by a couple of hours reading Roald Dahl poetry to Hermione and Miles in readiness for Hermione's Book Club session tomorrow. I've just commented to Craig how odd it is that I get so tired these days and perhaps I need to slow down a bit. I pondered out loud if I may need an iron boost as I have been anaemic in the past. Apparently it's most likely nothing to do with what I do - it's just a sign of getting old. Well, really...

2 comments:

Lynn said...

We love those books and Emily invented a girl called sorrel who lived with us for quite some time after the Plague one:-) I decided to buy some a couple of weeks ago instead of lending them from the library and we now have a good stock from Amazon:-)

Anonymous said...

I have'nt seen those.