Saturday 14 February 2009

Beautiful Day

I have had a beautiful day surrounded by beautiful people and things.


Firstly, Hermione awoke with a very swollen and dark lip but at least it had started to heal and was no longer flapping - which is always good. She felt a bit self conscious about it, but right on time some pictures arrived from a friend which cheered her up no end. I wish I knew how to do this funky writing on pictures.



Little surprises and smiles.





A gathering of friends for china tea, cake, stories and crafts. I am truly blessed to have a friend who is a professional children's story teller. She loves coming to read and craft with a small group of local children every few weeks. I put on the china tea and cakes and she takes care of stories and crafts. It works like a dream and she makes sure never to leave without having arranged the next date, which I am delighted about.


Hermione was a very lucky girl today (which I'm pleased about as she needed a boost after her nose dive last night) and received cards and gifts. A cute hama bead heart and a hand made bag which is absolutely fabulous. My photographs don't really do it justice - particularly not the embroidery. I love the way it opens and fastens.



All of this and I still have valentines celebrations to come! Craig and I don't celebrate on the 14th as the first year we were together we were both working that evening and made a dinner date for later in the week. Although moving valentines day to suit your work shedule isn't particularly romantic, when we did meet up later in the week for our delayed valentines dinner, he asked me to marry him and we have celebrated valentines on that later day ever since. It's quite good actually as restaurants are quieter by then and cards and gifts are in the sale!

I often wonder where I would choose to celebrate valentines evening if I could choose anywhere. I always conclude that I would like to go to The Witchery. I've never been but I read about it years ago and have always wanted to go.

I hope you too have had a fab day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bumps on lips are horrid - hope H is feeling better now.

Jenny Bear said...

I will show you how to do the text - remind me!

Bridget said...

I hope you have a lovely late Valentine where-ever you end up.