Saturday 7 February 2009

What lurks within?????

Thank you to everyone who has commented, called or emailed to ask about Miles. He is now responding to treatment and is much brighter although he needs to be reviewed by our doctor next week.

I'm pleased that he's no longer in pain and I'm also pleased that come the early hours of the morning I hope to be knocking out zzzzzz's instead of crooning Fields of Gold to a restless babe.

We've had a pleasant day and I am feeling much more human but I'm scared. Hearing of the update on Jade's prognosis I can't help but compare our age and circumstances and feel afraid. I guess I'm not alone in that. I'm sure there will be mothers of young children up and down the country right now thinking 'it could be me'.

I think back to a time some years ago. I remember the waiting, the wondering and worrying. Thinking about the decisions I made then and wondering if they were the right ones. We never truly know what lurks within and in some respects I suspect that's a blessing. I hate to live in fear. It's such a destructive force. But for today I can't help but wonder, 'what if'?

4 comments:

Jenny Bear said...

There is a saying, If "IFs and Buts were pots and pans we'd have no need for tinkers."

Sometimes we have to accept help to make things better. Sometimes we havew to accept what we are given.

You are doing a great job.

XX

Claire said...

Thanks Jenny. I like that one about pots and pans.

I like this one too -
If wishes were horses then all men would ride,If turnips were watches I would wear one by my side.

You're right, life is too short for ifs and buts. There's somethings we have to just accept too.

After all, I could have made decisions about my health years ago but then gone out and been run down by a bus.

Need a good night sleep and I can get back to thinking about the kids, the gardens, the greenhouse (still in bits), those felting needles I keep meaning to pop round for and everything else :-)

stefndawniy said...

I'm pleased Miles is feeling a bit better :) xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Miles is feeling a little better. Don't dwell on your health, I do think our generation in particular was a bit duped and I pray that the next one will improve the situation.