Friday 13 February 2009

Dreaming of cherub lips

What a wonderful day we have had today - an absolutely fabulous day. It seems that we are all finally recovering from our various lurgies and life is returning to normal. You can no longer write your name in the dust on the hall table, we all sat down to lunch around a clear table and listened to music while chatting. It was so nice that I didn't even care when during the course of the conversation Hermione said, 'Oh no, I didn't mean Shakespeare - I was getting him confused with Britney Spears'.

We baked fairy cakes and decorated the house ready for Valentines celebrations tomorrow. Do you like our Valentine wreath?



Sadly the bliss was shattered when Hermione some how dove face first onto the kitchen floor this evening. I'm still not entirely sure how this happened. I just know there was lots of blood (bucket and mop job as opposed to kitchen roll) and she now has a really deep cut where her tooth has sliced her lip. She also has a bit of an egg on her forehead and what looks like the makings of a black eye but these are less noticeable alongside the frilled edge lip *sigh*.


When I finally managed to have a good look at it I was horrified and wondered whether to go to A&E in case it requires stitches. I decided against this after looking online and reading that lips are not usually stitched unless they are pierced or the cut crosses from the fleshy lip bit to the ordinary skin of the face. Also, at the risk of sharing to much information, I have to say that my nether regions were much happier second time round after having instructed my midwife in no uncertain terms to keep her needle kit in her bag (to which she agreed, 'unless I'm faced with something like the Grand Canyon' - oh how those words gave me a chill!) .


Well, she's had lots of arnica and reiki - which I'll repeat throughout the night. Here's hoping that she wakes tomorrow looking more cherub less Donald Duck.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh bless, big hugs to hermione,hope she feels much better soon.
Love the wreath.
LOL at the nether regions!!!xxx

stefndawniy said...

oh dear :( poor Hermione, how horrible , I hope she's okay soon. xx

Bridget said...

Hope Hermione feels better soon.

Claire said...

She's much better today, thanks everyone. Still very swollen and unable to eat but it does look like it's knitting together now - it's not flapping any more which is a hug relief :-)

Jenny Bear said...

hope all is well now!

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

That's a lovely wreath!