Sunday 8 February 2009

Hearts, gourds and speckled swans..

I awoke today feeling lighter and brighter. I've let go of the fears and stresses that kept dancing across my mind yesterday. Back to focusing on each new moment and all of the potential and possibilities that life holds. Coming back to comfort and ease.

Miles is still doing well, generally messing as I type. Hermione is coughing slightly less and is busy playing Trivial Pursuits with Craig. I think I'm getting a touch of the lurgy now too. I've a very sore throat. Ho hum. I was hoping that we could reschedule all that we cancelled last week - I hope we don't end up having to cancel more arrangements. Why does lurgy always hit when you have so much stuff to do?

We made some hearts from a beyond repair brushed cotton sheet and some 3d fabric paints yesterday.




Not long to go till Valentines Day. I'm hoping we get round to making a wreath of sorts but will have to wait and see.

I've reviewed our January learning objectives and I'm pleased. I think we're quite on track. I think it was helpful from my point of view to make a list on post about it as I've referred back to it a few times during the month. I'll have to pull together what we are doing next. We're going to make a start on Shakespeare and have other stuff in mind too.

Do you like the latest addition to my handmade ceramics collection? Another fabulous piece that cost me not a penny, just 'hours' at Durham Exchange.



I love the community feel of our group, the social aspect, the going 'shopping' with no cash plus the sharing of skills and resources. One member has agreed to teach me how to massage Craig and the children. Another has agreed to show me how to transform my wax scraps into pretty and practical candles.

The children have been perusing the seed catalogues trying to decide what they would like to grow this year. Ornamental gourds seems to be the way to go - they grow fast and are good fun. Also, since they are not edible we don't have to worry about them being in the front garden which is closer to traffic and fumes. Wondering if we could plant them in our old wheel barrow - a gourd wheel barrow as an alternative to pots of bedding plants.... I like the thought of that.

Miles has opted for Speckled Swans.


Hermione wants snakes.


We're going to get Russian Dolls too.


The seeds are all available from Thompson and Morgan online.

Surfing about I came across this picture. Am I a prude or are other people asking just why did she bother with that top?



Thank you to all of Hermione's customers. The orders keep coming and I'm delighted by the kindness and generosity of folks. Some orders may be delayed slightly this week depending upon our lurgy status *grin*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a productive night on Friday, I'm really enjoying getting into our LETs community here too. With the wedding dress, I'm thinking I'm sure she will regret that choice one day, but hey we all do that at sometime lol.

Claire said...

I'm pleased you have got in touch with an active group down your way :-)

We had to change venue on Friday as it's was like a sick ward here. Craig and Hermione went along though and I'm happy with what they brought back :-)