Sunday 1 February 2009

Flurries

Despite all the subtle signs of spring - the tiny green shoots, lengthening days and more 'give' in the soil, I think it may be still some way off.

Craig admirably soldiered on in the snow flurries to continue preparing my greenhouse base this morning. He's packed up now and is hogging the fire. The children aren't venturing far from the fire either today and I will soon be joining them.

Hey ho, it could be a whole lot worse. Here are some crazy snow photos my sister sent me from her part of the world.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that's mad! Look at the door! lol. Just imagine if that happened in this country - the media would be talking like it was Armageddon or something!

Great pics. Where is your sister?

Claire said...

She's on the east coast of Canada. Very chilly in winter.

Craig has been looking out at our little flutters over the last hour and been stressing about the roads tomorrow - mad isn't it?

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

Oh--I so remember that kind of snow! I miss looking at it-but, I'm glad not to have to shovel that much snow, or deal with the weeks of the mess it makes while it's melting. My two don't quite believe me when I said there were times we couldn't get out of the house!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, look at that door!!!