Friday 20 February 2009

Tree of Happiness Award

Many thanks to Lynn who has given me a Tree of Happiness Award.




I am to write about six things that make me happy.

1. My children make me happy. More happy than I could ever have imagined. Craig and the rest of my family make me incredibly happy too. Incredibly happy, scared, angry, upset and more. Happy to feel everything so deeply and enjoy the rollercoaster ride with such wonderful companions. Happy to be truly alive and feeling all of my feelings!

2. The creative process makes me happy. The results aren’t always what I would hope for but the process can bring much happiness in itself. It took me a long time to learn that I don’t have to be Picasso to paint a picture. I don’t need to be an expert at anything in order to enjoy creating something myself.

3. I get a real happy buzz when I produce food for my family. Growing food and keeping hens brings me much happiness. It’s something over and above the organic and environmental issues – it’s the feeling of having provided for my family in that very basic way.

4. Being outdoors and close to nature makes me happy. It helps me to feel grounded and keep good perspective of things.

5. Meditating is one of my great pleasures in life. Releasing all physical tensions and clearing my mind of conscious thought.

6. An early night with my journal, hotwater bottle, cup of cocoa and preferably heavy rain beating off the window.

7. Am I aloud an extra one? I confess to being an Eastenders fan. I watch very little television, this is the only thing I watch on a regular basis. I think it deserves a place in this list as no matter what kind of crappy day you have had you can always watch Eastenders and feel much happier knowing life could be a whole lot worse *grin*

If you would like to share six things that make you happy then consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Clare said...

That's a really great list... but 'Enders? Noooooooooooooooo! :)

Anonymous said...

I used to be an Eastenders fan...lol.

I'll share :0)