Sunday 22 March 2009

Break Dancing

What a bizarre day I’m having.

I returned home from a lovely evening with friends last night and suddenly felt an overwhelming sadness. I felt ever so preoccupied with Jade Goody and spent a long time thinking of great mothers I have lost to cancer - my maternal grandmother who died on a Mothers Day and also my mother in law – women who have had a profound effect upon my life and taught me a lot about courage and positivity.

This afternoon I took Hermione to a four hour Break Dancing workshop. It was great. I thoroughly enjoyed watching a group of Irish blokes spinning their muscular stuff, and it was also quite pleasant to watch Hermione dance while sitting on the sidelines preparing notes for our study of the Tudors.

Well, while Craig and the children are off playing happily in the garden I’m going to soak in a chamomile bath and try to get my head around the coming week. There’s lots to do. As well as being a very busy time on the gardening front we also have a few home ed group and social commitments, a theatre trip, dental check ups and more going on this week. I’m giving my first ever workshop in hen keeping later this week so I’ve lots to do there in the way of hand outs and stuff. I’m also hoping to fit in attendance at a talk about permaculture. Busy, busy busy…

I just thought, perhaps it’s time I started dropping hints about someone switching on the oven if I am ever to have that big roast dinner I went out and bought. I’ll be even more cross than Thursday evening if I end up cooking it myself…

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I cooked my own. Dh can't cook.

Anonymous said...

I ordered a chinese!!!

Good luck with the workshop :0)