Friday 13 March 2009

Quick catch up

We've been soaking and planting peas. Apparently soaking overnight in cold water increases the germination rate.


Hermione has been refining her candle making technique and generally causing mayhem in the kitchen. She's moved on from tealights to moulded tarts and a rather cute tutti fruity pillar.


Two dozen vegan chocolate muffins were transformed into £10.63 in aid of Comic Relief. Not a bad return eh? Huge thanks to friends, neighbours and the people who work with Craig. Hermione is understandably well chuffed. No pictures as they flew out so fast.

Also been spending quite a bit of time on here which I know I have raved about before but we do like it a lot.

Right time to go - I can smell smoke coming out of the kitchen...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the candles :0)

Bridget said...

I read this post this morning. Lo and behold this afternoon I sowed some seeds, opened the peas and remembered this post so they're now on my windowsill soaking. I did wonder why we didn't get any last year!!
Well done Hermoine, she obviously takes after her Mum!

Claire said...

I hope it does help. I was very dissapointed with my peas last year so hopefully soaking will help (this is the first year I've done it).