Tuesday 17 March 2009

Full of frolics and fiddle-de-dees

Oh what a glorious day. The sun has shone relentlessly and we have all had fun.
Hermione and Nana spent the morning at The National Glass Centre making glass mosaics. They will be fired and can be collected next week. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
Miles and I have pottered about at home. We inspected our seedlings. The leeks and beetroot are doing ever so well. They are fairly hardy now too having been outdoors for days.
My first sowing of broad beans are now about three inches high and the second few are showing too now. Some first early potatoes and a handful of jerusalem artichokes are in. I love this time of year in the garden - so much potential, hope and excitement. I really enjoy checking each day to see what is showing.
Hermione is still ploughing on with her maths and language work. A lot of the time I don't even have to mention it now. I tend to wander into the kitchen at some point and she's just doing it - which is fabulous. She comes and gets me if she needs help and I always look over what she has done, but otherwise this aspect of her education seems to be getting along just nicely with very little input from me.
Nana is off to finish reading Sula by Lavinia Derwent. It is this months Book Club text but we have so been so busy that Hermione hasn't got round to reading it, consequently nana is reading it so she can tell her all about it. How lucky are we?
I do feel so happy today that I am seriously questioning whether or not to watch Horizon tonight. They are focusing on what they perceive to be the best educational methods and I really don't want to end up throwing things at the screen...

No comments: