Wednesday 11 March 2009

Culture vultures cast adrift on speed hump

After a morning of pottering in the garden and reading Macbeth we set off this afternoon to hear a gamelan concert.




What culture vultures we are I thought in another one of those smug home ed moments. That was before we went over a speed hump and started to make an incredibly loud noise. Not to miss out on our cultural experience I decided to carry on but was forced to pull in when I noticed sparks as well as loud noises coming from the front of the vehicle. Pedestrians looked alarmed as we passed. I could see something hanging right down to the ground and decided to call Craig who had to leave work to come and rescue us. He sorted us out in all of about ninety seconds. The speed hump had dislodged a big plastic guard thing which Craig pulled off and will replace later. Knowing that I would get to sit down and have a cup of tea at the concert we continued on our way and enjoyed a thoroughly pleasant afternoon!

1 comment:

stefndawniy said...

goodness me .

I love your new header pic , lovely :-)