Saturday 7 March 2009

Easter is coming the rabbit's getting fat...

As if I would *grin*

Seriously though, it won't be long till we are celebrating Easter, Ostara, scoffing chocolate, rolling eggs or whatever it is that you do at this time.

I had a busy day planned today. Visiting friends this afternoon and going to different friends for dinner this evening, however, both have cancelled due to ill health so here I am, still in my PJ's (what a slob), contemplating the season. I was looking forward ever so much to spending time with friends but in some respects it is possibly best that I chill at home. I didn't want to blog about it before, and still don't in any detail, but Craig inadvertently stumbled upon a high value armed raid whilst in the normal course of his business this week. It's really knocked the stuffing out of me. Much time spent contemplating the frailty of life and stuff - you know, those bigger questions that keep you awake at night..

Anyway, I've got quite a lot of fabric scraps and had been planning on making fabric eggs to hang on twigs. I already have some plastic type ones but I would like fabric ones too this year. I decided to look around on line to see if I could find something to inspire me to do something a little more exciting.

I like the egg box and the bunnies. I also like the idea of hanging small gifts with name tags on long colourful ribbons like that but I wouldn't like the glitz of crystal - I'd have to think of something else to hang.

Oh well, no dinner party, no crafting pizaz - just a night in front of the fire with my fabric scraps and a mug of chamomile tea. A different kind of bliss, but bliss all the same.

Would anyone like to share their Easter/Spring/Ostara traditions and decoration ideas? I love to hear how other people do things.

Also, can anyone recommend the best place for vegan chocolate eggs this year?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easter.... sometimes we have an egg hunt - or paint eggs... I'm making bunnies and chickens... and I have made an egg its flat though.. I'd love to make a 3-d egg but I have no idea how to!! And lots of chocolate of course..
Yes life is fragile. Hope you are o.k

Claire said...

You must show me somepictures of your chicks and bnnies. I didn;t get round to doing my fabric eggs last night - a friend called and I decided to go out - hopefully I'll sort them this week.

We love to go egg rolling but we didn't last year if I remember rightly because I didn't want to waste eggs! I remember the egg hunt in the garden last year - there was a few inches of snow!

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

I do an Easter egg hunt for the kids, indoors if it's wet out. We didn't do this as children. We dye eggs in the States, they're white eggs--so it doesn't work too well on the brown shells we get here. Might try painting some this year. We also have the Easter Bunny visit--try explaining how a rabbit gets across the Atlantic Ocean!