Wednesday 25 March 2009

Sprouting, a daisy, an angel and more..

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and emails about our fish. I'm pleased to say that all is well again. Miles and I popped out to the pet shop to collect Sweet from his holiday and he is now back swimming happily with Nuzzle. I hope it is true that white lies don't count.


Hermione and Nana went to see The Calculating Mr One, a maths production for children. You can read about the theatre company here and find out about their itinerary. Hermione thought it was fun and came home with a real buzz about rounding numbers up or down - that bit had really floated her boat!

We discovered the first daisy of the year in the garden.




Can you remember ages ago when I told you I was going to wrap apricot pits in wet kitchen roll and keep them in my fridge for a while? Well here's one of the pits that has started to sprout this week. I'm going to give it to my mate Jenny - assuming she would like me to plant it in her garden that is.





Went to the dentist and all got a clean bill of health. That's always a bit of relief. On the way back we drove up close to the Angel of the North. This is how I saw her.




Hermione is still very fired up about Shakespeare. We're both learning lots. We were comparing and contrasting the differences between what is thought to be the true historical tale of Macbeth with that of Shakespeare's play. Did you know that Macbeth actually ruled for seventeen years and also that Lady Macbeth just disappeared?

Here is part of a leaflet she is making about Shakespeare. I'm pleased with the content as she's researching it herself from books we have lying around the house. Think we need to have another chat about full stops though *grin*.




Thank you ever so much to Clare too who has given me this award.

“This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.”

Right, got to fly - so much to do, so little time. I can't believe how busy life is these days. By and large all good stuff though so I can't complain. I hope you're all smiling too right now.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Well done on the apricot. I've always wanted to see The Angel of the North. I've seen it on TV, it looks really rusty. I'm not much into sculptures and most of the time I can't even make out what they're meant to be but I really like that one.