Monday 30 March 2009

Date cancelled

No, it wasn't with Robbie Williams, Barry Manilow or the Laundry Technician - it was with Craig!

Last week we decided that we rarely spend much time together. We spend lots of time with the children, together with friends and off doing our own respective stuff - all of which is absolutely wonderful but doesn't leave a lot of time for chatting just the two of us.

We decided to make a date and go out for dinner this evening. I have been ever so excited about it and hoped we might get to stroll along the river bank before or after dinner too. Trouble is I've been so busy for the last week I feel I could scarcely drag myself off the sofa this evening never mind wash my hair, find my lippy and dash out to a restaurant.

There's a new date in the diary and we'll try again next week. In the meanwhile though, what do you think about these women who claim to be all things to all people? Do they really exist or do they just pretend to be in order to make women like me feel lacking?

4 comments:

Mam said...

All things to all people? Hahahaha. Nope. Taking the carefully calculated risk of offending someone reading this .... I tend to find that whenever I get to know one of these 'high achieving' women better there's something missing somewhere that would matter to me, sometimes in the amount of time they actually spend with their family/children, sometimes in their relationship, sometimes in the professional or voluntary stuff they appear to do so well.

Some of these women may be horrible and trying to put the rest of us down, but I reckon in a lot of these cases it stems from some huge inadequacy they are feeling deep down so they need to try to keep up appearences. But with others it's sometimes just the way we perceive them they'd be the first to admit they don't manage everything as well as we think they do.

Hazel xx (feeling knackered today too!)

Claire said...

Yeah, I think you're right, when people do appear to have it all you do often find there is something lacking somewhere. It's so difficult I find achieving a good balance.

Anonymous said...

I don't think they do exist, they just fake it ;0)

this happened to us a while ago - I'd booked a restaurant and babysitter and then on the day had to cancel as I had a migrain (sp)

Amanda
xx

not decided what to do about blogging yet, will keep in touch though.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, the answer is no they don't exist.