Sunday 1 March 2009

International Women's Day

March the 8th is International Women’s Day. The global theme this year is women and men united to end violence against women and girls.

Usually International Women’s Day just passes me by. By the time I realize when it is it has often been and gone. I vowed last year that this year would be different – and it is. I am meeting up with some great women on the evening of International Women’s Day to chat (something women undoubtedly do best), celebrate and acknowledge how far the world still has to go in honoring women.

As women go I am certainly one of the lucky ones. Sure, life hasn’t always been a bed of roses. I can personally relate to many of the issues affecting women in the western world in these times – violence, harassment, discrimination, depression and more. However, I still consider myself to be one of the lucky ones and that is why during the month of March, the month of International Women’s Day, I want to try to give something back.

For the past eight years I have looked closely at various ways of using naturally occurring things to strengthen body, mind and soul. I have studied homeopathy at practitioner level. I am a gem essence practitioner. I also use a whole host of other healing remedies such as flower, bush and white light essences.

In addition to using remedies and essences I have also worked lots with manifesting positivity through thoughts and deeds, the use of positive affirmations and more.

Although all of the above can be used to treat physical ails my main area of interest is emotional and mental well being. I practice very rarely now but in days gone by most of my clients were women who were looking to empower themselves to ensure that their life was the best it could be, women who were on a path of development and growth and women looking for a little extra help in dealing with trials they must face.

When practicing my rates were related to the circumstances of the particular client but tended to be in the region of £40 - £50 for an initial in person consultation and remedy. For the month of March I am willing to offer an email consultation, specially selected remedy (or remedies) and appropriate affirmations or exercises in positivity for a donation of not less than £10 to Rape Crisis, Women’s Aid or Refuge – the choice would be yours. I want no payment and will cover costs and postage myself. This is my way of giving back what I can. If you are interested in empowering both yourself and some other woman at the same time then please email me at wootie@blueyonder.co.uk

Because of my family commitments (the reason why I no longer generally practice) there will be a limit to how many consultations I can take on. If you are interested then get in quick!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I never knew you did that. I am a herbalist and flower remedy therapist ( non practising tho ) My dd's have learnt and got quals in crystal therapy and aromatherapy.

Claire said...

That's excellent :-)