Monday 5 January 2009

All sing along now....

Well I'm not that much closer to being sorted on the education front but I did stumble across this today and think we will be singing it a lot in coming weeks. Catchy eh? Might not be Simon Cowell's thing but I like it.

Our home ed french group started again today in town. I like it a lot. I get to be child free for a good half an hour, drinking hot chocolate with other mums in a cafe. One of the social highlights of the week.

While in town I picked up three packets of seeds (leeks, peppers and cucumbers) for a pound in The Works - bargain. I now have paving slabs for my greenhouse base organised and it won't be long till Potato Day! The last couple of years I have gone to our local organic gardening group fair to buy my seed potatoes. They offer lots of varieties known to thrive locally and at good prices too. I'm getting there, slowly, on the garden front.

Something else happened today. Craig was on the tv. He was interviewed by Look North (local news) about the credit crunch. He spoke very briefly about banks, commercial loans and government backing. I wasn't really listening to the words - I was just amazed at his incredibly broad northern accent. Oddly enough I don't notice it much usually but perhaps it is time I acknowledge and accepted I'm married to a Geordie.

Well, I've had notification from Amazon that my books have been dispatched so hopefully I'll be in a position to crack on with the education business soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you not a Geordie then Claire?

I like the sound of your French group -careful it almost sounds like you have a social ;0)

Claire said...

'Are you not a Geordie then Claire?'

Ermmm, I guess I do have a northern accent but not like Craig's.

Anyone out there who knows me in person and would like to comment on my accent?