Friday 9 January 2009

Just clucking about

We've spent a lot of time in the garden today. Just clucking about and stuff. Trying not to think of the looming 'lesson' deadline coming on Monday. The last of the Amazon packages arrived today but I'm not entirely happy. A couple of the books are possibly a bit too detailed at this stage. Oh, then there is one which is fine but I somehow managed to order two copies not just one! I can see there being much rejigging of the plans before we start on Monday - but not tonight as we have been invited round to friends for cottage pie. Hmmm, then nothing got done last night because I was at meditation group. I'm easily lead astray. No excuses for tomorrow night!

Here's some pictures of today's outdoor messings. Hermione and Miles are totally engrossed in Lego and the fruit scones they baked this morning so I can have a sneaky day time blog!

Boing...boing...boing...


Crunchy ice


Huge squishy hen plops (adorned with sparkly frost). I so so wanted it to work out with the hens in the veg patch. You may recall that I grassed the patch and decided to keep them in there and liberate the veg instead. Well, they decimated the grass and everything in no time at all and nana thought they looked depressed because they are accustomed to more space. So, they're at large again. All things happen for a reason though and I think that if anything stops Craig from smoking, (and he must stop as I'm sure Hermione will suss him out soon), it will be the hen plops on the deck which he often slips and does himself a mischief on when he pops out in the dark for a sneaky puff. Life works in mysterious ways.



The faeries washing line


The new girls Polly and Merlin are settling well. There are a lot less scuffles with the old girls now and they have also figured out that they should go into the coop to roost - at first they just lay down in the middle of the garden.



Having a few problems with Polly though. She pecks. Fanjio her brown predecessor pecked too. I mentioned it to Craig last night and suggested that perhaps it's true what they say about redheads being feisty. He rolled his eyes as if to say - 'tell me, I married one'. Enough said. Save to say I'm strawberry blond which isn't really red and I'm not really feisty. Honest.

Craig also thought it could be because hens like shiny things and I will insist on rambling about in my pj bottoms (and nightie, ugg boots and whoevers jacket I stumble across first). Why not? It's my garden - there's no dress code and the neighbours haven't complained yet!



Hermione stroking the bunny in the newest addition to nana's funky crochet hat collection.


I don't know if our bunny is confused or pervy. Either way it's just WRONG - and I've told him so - but does he listen to me? Does he heck as like *sigh*

My time is up. Someones calling my name - which probably means the scones have all gone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

rofl @ pervy bunny!!! and frosted hen ploops look good enough to eat - i would'nt though!!!!!


We sort of do lesson but in a very laid back way - not in a sit down, sit up straight scarey way.

Claire said...

*frosted hen ploops look good enough to eat*

With cream or custard was that?

Our lessons will be laid back too. No sort of formal time or place - more of a 'stop what you're doing and listen to me for a change'.

Bridget said...

Years ago when my Mum got a puppy the rabbit took a liking to it, shall we say, when the puppy got bigger it got it's own back in the same way!!

Claire said...

Glad it's not just happening around here!

Anonymous said...

I see the bunny is stil up to no good, lol, the poor chickens. Our rabbit was a guard rabbit and would chase everything out of the garden, including our friends when we were little.

stefndawniy said...

sounds fun and busy at yours , love your hens , i miss mine - mr fox ....