Wednesday 21 January 2009

Just grazing and stuff

I have had a long overdue day at home in my nightie (and occasionally wellies) today. It was lovely, the sort of day I regularly dream of but rarely happens.

I ventured no further than the garden to generally cluck about and plant a few extra early broad beans. Nana did the swim run which I'm ever so grateful for and the greatest disturbance of the day was when Polly flew up onto nana's roof, startling nana who sitting inside thought there must be something not smaller than a moose on the roof, and also startling a passer by who stood at the bottom of the drive gawping at the big fluffy hen right up top of the ridge tiles. I think I need to have words with that window cleaner about this one. He'll know what to do.

Hermione did her 'lessons'. We did more exciting stuff about water using ideas and a resource pack I got from here. I'm going to blog all our water stuff when we finish it. She then spent much of the rest of the day writing an article called 'Hen keeping today'. She is hoping to have her efforts published in the Durham Exchange newsletter.

Miles helped to bake a chocolate cake and then spent the next half hour wandering around licking his top where he had spilt almost half of the mixture down it. Other than that he has spent most of the day just pottering.


This afternoon a box arrived from Graze (graze.com) who make nutritionally balanced snack boxes. They are usually quite expensive (£2.99 for smallest one) but a friend gave me a discount code to get one free and a second half price. We were impressed with ours today. It had fresh grapes, chocolate covered raisins, macadamia nuts, banana chips and huge raisins in. If anyone would like the discount code then drop me a line - email link in profile. Not sure how it fits in with the conversation Hermione and I had this morning about food miles but hey ho.

With children happily pottering and grazing I had time to rattle off a bit of crochet with that lovely hand spun wool. I felt ever so fuzzy watching the children playing while crocheting their clothes. This is how I always imagined it would be - happy children, me making their clothes while watching them play, cake in the oven, jazz on the radio. Shame it's only ever happened once. Never mind, I now know it's possible and it may come again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the water link has an http:/ so won't link.

love your ideal day at home :0)

Claire said...

Whoops, I think it's right now.

Hope you're okay. I was thinking you must have fallen down a black hole without a trace :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm back. - WIP blog linked on crafty blog

Lynn said...

A day in PJ's pottering about can't be beaten in my book;-))xx

Anonymous said...

Ah, but you have to have something to work towards ;)