Saturday 3 January 2009

Delays!

We are all ever so excited here eagerly awaiting the arrival of an 'indoor beach' at our local shopping centre, but I've just called the centre to check on progress and have found it's been delayed!

I soon overcame my embarrassment at discussing it with the centre manager when I realised he's just as excited as I am! Apparently there's to be deck chairs, buckets, spades the works...

Bring it on *grin*

The shopping centre started doing this when some of the shops closed down. I guess it's to attract people to go to the few remaining shops. It's sad about businesses closing but I have to say that in this particular instance we really are enjoying the benefits. In December there was an indoor ice rink - all free of charge including skate hire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of an indoor beach :0)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great idea, although not sure I could get the boys excited about it unless there was water too. Although Jay would love it.