Tuesday 13 January 2009

Things that made me smile

Lots of little things have happened in recent weeks that I keep meaning to mention but have forgotten. So many things that have made me smile and that I wanted to share;

The fact that a good friend swallowed her pride in the local newsagent and bought one of those really cheap trashy magazines because she noticed on the cover that it had an article in about hens having sex changes and thought I might like it.

The joy (both the children's and mine) when in the midst of a busy and tiring time friends spent well over an hour teaching the children how to make shortbread while I got to sit down, chat and have a cuppa.

The fact that I have finally managed to find the time to fill in my new address book. A gift from a good friend. A beautiful, arty book full of words of wisdom and great drawings.



The excitement of planning Valentines celebrations with Hermione and thinking of romantic times with Craig. Thinking of when we got married all those years ago and promising myself that even if we never go back there to stay we must at least go for afternoon tea.....



Making our last 'thank you' call today for the beautiful gifts the children received over Christmas time. It plays on my mind when I've not managed to catch up with folks to say thanks.

Emailing a friend today who I've not seen properly in years to arrange for her to come round for cake and a cuppa at the end of the month. I caught up with quite a few people in 2008 that I had lost touch with and hopefully 2009 will be the same. Motherhood turned me into a bit of a recluse in the early years. I made the mistake of thinking that when I chose to rejoin the world everything would still be there waiting for me. I was wrong and learned the hard way. So pleased to be catching up with people again.
The kindness and generosity of so many people in supporting Hermione's Pound Shop. She has now had orders totalling £19 and has spent a good while today looking online at various craft ideas and supplies with a view to replenishing materials and possibly introducing new lines if she can figure out what she would like to make. I have to say the crayons have been a top seller and our kitchen table seems to be forever covered in wax and paper scraps at various stages of peeling and recycling. Never mind, she's having fun and learning lots - maintaining her order book, her accounts, writing thank you notes etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will mail you.

I love that address book :0) You do have lovley friends :0)

Claire said...

I am very blessed when it comes to my friends :-)

Bridget said...

I love the picture as your header, I'm guessing it's Craig. Does he know the trampoline is for the children? Boys and their toys!

Claire said...

Mmm yes, I was very miffed on Xmas Day when he had first bounce - although I did have second bounce. Poor children!

I really like it to be honest - and whatsmore my pelvic floor can withstand it. I spoke to another mum who would love to bounce but it makes her a bit widdly! Enough to put anyone off!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely list of things, I love the trampoline too lol.