Wednesday 31 December 2008

Reflections on 2008

It’s been a strange one 2008. I’ve come to expect the unexpected. I’ve seen real highs and real lows. I’ve wept with laughter, joy, despair and gut wrenching fear. I’ve paced around our kitchen table with my head in my hands - but then I’ve danced round it too more times than I could mention.

I’ve learned not to take things for granted. Security can literally disappear in a puff of smoke. I’ve learned that things aren’t always as they seem - all that glistens isn’t gold. I certainly have seen the good, the bad and the downright ugly this year.

Thankfully nothing’s fallen down that can’t be rebuilt, and that being the case 2008 has presented us with opportunities - opportunities to rebuild and reshape areas of our life with the benefit of knowledge, experience and hindsight.


The troubles we’ve had have really served to strengthen my personal relationships. I’ve learned that I have friends and a community that will support me when the going’s tough.

I’m not sure I will make any resolutions this coming year, save for to continue to live, love and laugh – oh and perhaps see a successful conclusion to our ongoing legal battle with the insurance company that likes to say ‘NO’ *grin*.

Wishing you all a joyous 2009.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope 2009 is happy and healthy.

Bridget said...

Hope this year is a bit less stressful for you.

Ruth said...

Glad you sound so upbeat. I hope 2009 is better for you.

Claire said...

Thank you ladies.

Here's hoping we all have a stress free (if only) 2009!

Anonymous said...

You can do it, love your summing up, very upbeat.