Thursday 4 December 2008

Things that made me smile today

Helping the children to make an igloo It grew taller than this and acquired a roof made of garden fleece.

What do you call an igloo with no toilet? An ig. Hermione likes that one - a lot.



Not just discovering two egss - discovering two eggs, one of which was brown at one end and almost white at the other. How bizarre. Our window cleaner called by the other day and we always chat about the hens. He has sixteen. Apparently he is getting virtually no eggs at the moment. He was absolutely shocked when I told him we still get two or three a day from our three hens. He thinks they must be very happy. I like to think so.




When igloo construction efforts were over for today we huddled in front of the fire, roasted chestnuts and drank warm ginger compound - you know the stuff you buy from the chemists and make up your self with boiling water and sugar.



Another good thing is that we have organised a meeting for local home ed mums with little ones to get together to talk about how best to go about organising a music group for little ones. I think Miles will really benefit from a group like this and I hope we can get something off the ground.

Oh I almost forgot - Hermione asked to do extra reading practice today. She read almost a whole book to me about the beauty of pigs. Odd choice but I wasn't going to argue! Long may the enthusiasm last.

3 comments:

stefndawniy said...

wow look at all your snow :) we haven't had any yet.

music is happening over at Amanda's house too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely happy post :0) You had snow!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh - we have 2 chickens - hetty & betty - and we get eggs most days - albeit usually in my flowerpots and not in the boxes?.... anyway - today I also noticed an egg that was brown at one and almost white at the other - Wonder what's going on there? Weird?