Friday 26 December 2008

Waiting

I know, I know, I said I wouldn't be back this year. We had so many plans for the next week or two. So many people to spend time with. Time to outwardly acknowledge and thank so many for the support they have given us through what has been a challenging year.

Sadly nana's brother has taken a turn for the worse. Mostly unconscious. Not quite here. Not quite there. It's a strange time. Reminds me very much of the days before my dad's death although the circumstances were very different.



Thankfully I know that the same folks who have supported us and helped us through this year will continue to stand by us through this time. They'll understand why we have cancelled most of our arrangements and will still be there for fun and laughter at a more appropriate time.

In the meanwhile we're all contemplating the bigger picture. You know, those big 'why' and 'when' questions that life sometimes throws at you. Contemplating a life that is precious, a life characterised by outstanding determination, energy, enthusiasm, hard work and charisma.



Edited
to add the wait is over. Nana needs to be alone. I'm trying to figure out where I need to be - and am messing on suddenly trying not to think about the big why and when questions.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh Claire my thoughts and prayers are with you at such a difficult time

((hugs)))
xx

Claire said...

Thanks Ruth. I'm just messing about here like nothings happened but I know it will hit me soon.

Lima said...

Hugs from us too Claire. xx

Anonymous said...

(((claire and family))

thinking of you all

xx

Jenny Bear said...

we are here for you too. just ask.

Claire said...

Thank you everyone.

We're taking comfort in knowing he was ready; his time had come. He worked and played exceptionally hard throughout his life - but now he was suffering awfully and it was time.

We're all just sort of messing about at home. I've taken down all the decorations today. I always take them down before New Year anyway. Nana is opting to spend a lot of time alone and Craig is tryng to keep the kids occupied in a reasonably calm and quiet fashion (not easy a couple of days after Christmas but never mind)

Big (hugs) and thanks to you all.

Tech said...

aw claire :( sorry to hear this, but sounds as though it is a time not without blessings - hop that makes sense. I am always quite amazed by how many souls decide to depart at this time of year. xx

Anonymous said...

Claire, thinking of you all xx